We offer financing through the HERO Renewable Energy Financing Program. HERO is the #1 energy efficiency financing program in the United States. HERO partners with local governments to make energy efficient, water efficient, and renewable energy products more affordable for homeowners.
The repayment of HERO Financing is included in your property tax bill, which is delivered and collected by the County. You will see a line item titled HERO Financing on your property tax bill. If you make property tax payments through an impound escrow account, your lender will adjust your monthly payment to include the amount due for HERO Financing.
HERO Financing is available to commercial and residential property owners in many cities and counties across the State of California. To find out if HERO is available in your community please enter your zip code at www.heroprogram.com or call 1-855-HERO-411 (1-855-437-6411).
Am I eligible for the HERO program?
Homeowners who meet the minimum criteria below are eligible for HERO Financing. Specific eligibility requirements for residential properties include the following:
- All mortgage-related debt must not exceed 90% of the value of the property.
- Mortgage payments must be current at the time of application, and property owner(s) must not have had more than (1) 30-day mortgage late payment over the past twelve months.
- Property taxes must be current and there must be no more than one late payment in the past three years.
- No outstanding involuntary liens, such as tax liens or mechanic’s liens.
- Property owner(s) must not have had any active bankruptcies within the last seven years, and the property must not be an asset in an active bankruptcy. However, if a bankruptcy was discharged between two and seven years prior, and the property owner(s) have not had any additional late payments more than 60 days past due in the last 24 months, the property owner may be approved.
- Mobile homes must be permanently attached to the property and the owner of the underlying property must be the applicant and be subject to real property taxes.
For more information, please go to www.heroprogram.com.
What products are eligible?
There are more than 900,000 products that are eligible for HERO Financing. Generally, energy and water efficient products and renewable energy systems are eligible. Please explore the list of Eligible Products at www.heroprogram.com for more information. If you wish to install a product that is not on the list contact us at 1-855-HERO-411 (1-855-437-6411) to get an application.